Tan Soo Lin
- Born: 1956, Singaporean
- Height: 1.65M, Weight: 68 Kg
- Languages known English and Mandarin.
- Internationally qualified professional coach with over 37 years of Karate experience.
- First studied under Y.Ishikawa in 1972. Achieve championship status on national and international level.
- Extensive experience in coaching all age groups of Different nationalities and cultures. Worked wonders with children as young as 3 years old.
- Individual Gold Medalist at the internationally acclaimed Asian Shitoryu Karate Championship in 1985 Also part of the Gold Medal winning team.
- National representative as part of the Singapore National Karate team to the SEA Games and other international competitions from 1985 through 1993.
- Attained his Black Belt 1ST Dan status in 1980 with the Singapore Karate Association.
- Awarded 1ST Dan by the Japan Karate Association (Shotokan), an internationally recognized status in July 1995.
- This was followed with the 2ND Dan in 1999, the 3RD Dan in 2001, the 4TH Dan in 2005 and presently the 5TH Dan in 2010.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- With over 27 years of karate tournament experience, firstly as a student and participant, then on the national team level and presently as sensei.
- Started coaching career as an Assistant Coach of the Shtoryu Karate Association Singapore in 1989.
- Commenced regular coaching in 1993 after retiring from regular tournament participation, with various local and expatriate student communities.
- Appointed Resident Coach of the Singapore American Club from 1993 till present.
- Able to interact effectively with all nationalities and cultures.
- All round, wide experience and knowledge having competed and graded with differing karate styles from East and West.
- Able to customize and effectively conduct attuned training programs for both adult and young.